Since 56 years “Kindermissionswerk” is a social organization of the “Sternsinger,” name “Sternsinger” itself girded “Kindersmissionwerk” since 1998.
“Sternsinger” is a combination of approximately 330,000 girls and boys, who at every feast of the Three Kings of the East (Epiphany) in the snow and cold in the cloak of their king, going around from house to house to deliver God’s blessing to people and raise money for children in need.
“Sternsinger” is also the social organizations behind this activity, which strive for donations entrusted to the Sternsinger up to all the children around the world in need through programs competent assistance.
“Sternsinger” are also hundreds of children and adults, throughout the years with their dedication in ecclesiastical work not only had implications for Germany but also to fight for peace and justice for all children around the world.
(Translated from https://www.sternsinger.de/ueber-uns/wer-wir-sind/)
Kindermissionswerk is a donor who helped Yayasan Sosial Bina Sejahtera (YSBS), more specifically to the education program and the kids.
Some programs are a collaboration between YSBS and Kindermissionwerk among others:
1. Improved school facilities and infrastructure 7 and 1 hostel (2010)
2. Assistance for inclusion in the elementary school classroom Maria Immaculata Cilacap (2012)
Improved infrastructure 7 schools and 1 boarding (2010)
- TK (Taman Kanak-Kanak – Kindergaten School) Yos Sudarso Majenang: 20 window repair in 5 classrooms
- TK Pius Sidareja: building a fence along the back wall 24 square meters already collapsed, painting the walls of two classrooms, two classrooms plasterboard painting, painting tools kindergarten educational games
- SD (Sekolah Dasar – Elementary School) Pius Sidareja: replace ceiling of 7 classrooms, painting the walls of seven classrooms, painting plasterboard 7 classrooms, painting doors windows 7 classrooms
- TK Yos Sudarso Gandrungmangu: fix lisplang along 108 meters, replace damaged ceiling along 24 meters, replacing 50 pieces of asbestos, repairing doors and 32 windows 7 classrooms, repairing 5 WC (doors, ceilings, lisplang, and painting)
- Cisumur Boarding: replace plasterboard along 70 meters, replacing ceiling 7o meters long, 70 meters long to replace asbestos, replacing the 6 doors and 12 windows
- TK Maria Immaculata: repair of kitchen space measuring 15 square meters (asbestos, ceramic, sand, stone, ceiling), fix the hall about 45 square meters (asbestos, ceramics, pasri, stone, ceilings), improvement warehouse area of 5 square meters ( asbestos, ceramic, sand, stone, ceilings)
- SD Maria Immaculata: build science laboratories measuring 100 square meters
- TK Yos Sudarso Tract: repair shop into a kitchen room and warehouse area of 12 square meters
Help for inclusion classroom in the SD Maria Immaculata Cilacap (from 2012)
The aid program for inclusive schools for children with special needs (ABK – Anak Berkebutuhan Khusus). Although no formal survey, it is certain that the number of children with special needs (ABK) in Cilacap district is quite high. DI kindergarten and elementary Maria Immaculata in 2011 there were 33 children with special needs (ABK) with details in kindergarten 13 children, and 20 children in primary school (school statistics YSBS 2011).
In Cilacap, until 2009, only kindergarten and elementary Maria Immaculata (YSBS) are willing to accept ABK and provide special services for children. Since 2010, Al-Irsyad (school belongs to Islam) also began receiving the crew in their schools.
Most schools are reluctant to accept ABK caused among other things:
• Fearing that the crew would be burdensome to school when schools have to compete for the pursuit of achievement that is used to raise the marketability of school
• The government has not paid special attention to education ABK
• Schools do not have the personnel (teachers) and special facilities for ABK
• The view that ABK only (must) be educated in special schools
YSBS-run schools (kindergarten, elementary, junior high, high school, vocational school) emphasizes character education. Character education is given through a variety of educational programs, especially through the example of the teachers and all the staff at the school. Character education is also run through a variety of activities to develop self-confidence and appreciation in plurality. For that school children are trained to recognize excellence and accept failures in a positive, respectful to others in the school, including respect the ABK at school.
Education religiosity (religion) is very important in schools to build children’s faith. Religious education directed at the discovery of the beauty of God’s apparent in the diversity of creation, cultural, and religious beliefs. Thus the child will grow in faith and be able to appreciate the whole of God’s creation, including the respect for diversity.
In addition to formal activities. Kindergarten, elementary and junior high YSBS also held:
• Exercise dance, painting, drumband
• Workshop, seminar
• Organizing free time of children
• The regular meetings of parents to the child’s interests
Kindergarten, Elementary, and Junior High School Maria Immaculata has received recommendation Educational Inclusion of the Department of Education. Currently YSBS are preparing for kindergarten, elementary and junior high students belonging to other YSBS to be inclusive schools.
Training and further studies that have been given to teachers:
• Further studies for some who did not S1
• Training to create and use electronic media for teaching
• Workshop for school inclusion
Difficulties encountered include:
• School facilities that support for inclusive schools was minimal
• There are sufficient funds available for the provision of inclusive schools
Facility Development of Inclusion School
The development of school facilities (infrastructure) includes the construction of classrooms and the provision of learning for inclusive schools belonging YSBS namely:
- manufacture special classroom for ABK, in the early stages of each school has at least a special room for ABK
- provision of tools to learn and play for ABK
- construction of a fence to the school for security
Facilities development purposes:
- The whole crew in the school YSBS receive educational services optimally and qualified for the adequacy of school facilities
- Other students (general) can learn positive values (EQ) as solidarity, respect, sensitive, and tolerance so that the character of the child can develop optimally
- YSBS school can be a pilot school and multiplicators for other schools so that more inclusive school in Cilacap
The program was conducted on the:
- Infrastructure: construction of special classes for crew complete with kitchen and Bathroom / WC, provision of play and learning for the crew, the construction of the security fence around the school
- Human Resources: intensive and comprehensive training / workshop
• Soft skills: IQ, EQ, SQ
• Hard skills:
• Know the inclusion school (for all employees)
• Management of inclusive schools (for school principals and vice)
• Assessment ABK (for teachers ABK)
• Psychology for ABK (for teachers ABK)
• Pedagogy for ABK (for teachers ABK)
• Manufacture, use creative learning methods and media for all employees)
• Therapeutic for ABK (for teachers ABK)
• P3K (First Aid)
The following photos of supporting infrastructure development process for inclusion in the elementary school classroom Maria Immaculata Cilacap
The following photos of the building supporting infrastructure for inclusion in the elementary school classroom Maria Immaculata Cilacap finished (April 2016)
The following photos of the inside of the building supporting infrastructure for inclusion in the elementary school classroom Maria Immaculata Cilacap finished (April 2016)
Development of competence and professionalism of teachers of inclusive schools for kindergarten, elementary and junior high YSBS
In order for the implementation of inclusive schools can be run well so that benefit ABK, it is very necessary knowledge, skills or competencies enough about school inclusion of all stakeholders involved in the school is the principal, teachers, parents, and community.
Because kindergarten, elementary and junior high school YSBS is then YSBS assess inclusion is fundamental to do professional development activities and competence of all stakeholders (principals, teachers, parents ABK) in the schools. The activities carried out in the form of:
- Semimar and workshops on inclusive schools
- Training for the Principal of the inclusion school management
- Training for ABK teachers caregivers
- Training for ABK parents
This activity is also working with several universities and departments and related institutions, among others:
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Gajah Mada
- Faculty of Education University of Sanata Dharma
- Faculty of Psychology, University of Sanata Dharma
- Cilacap District Health Office
- Cilacap District Education Office
The programs implemented include:
- Inclusion school seminars
- Inclusion school workshops
- Comprehensive training for headmaster inclusion school
- Comprehensive training for ABK caregivers, teacher, and parents in inclusion school
Program Activity Report of Inclusion Elementary School Maria Immaculata from July to November 2013
Internships in SLB Negeri (Extra Ordinary Public School) Semarang held on 21-31 July 2013
The first day, tunagrahita (mental redartation) in-class observations
- Children tunagrahita more emphasis on the education of its behavior
- There should not force a child to do chores appropriate circuitry targets teachers, but rather in the ability of children
- Each child is given a different treatment according to the needs of children
- For the subject matter is not appropriate to the age of children in general
- The curriculum used is flexible, there are no standards that force, but adapted to the capabilities of each child
- Many use props so that children are not easily bored
The second day, tunarungu (deaf) in-class observations
Children with hearing impairment is more emphasis on the reading habits of the lips when people are talking, but not the main thing at an early age to use sign language
- Embedding the concept of matter in accordance with the needs of children pekajaran disetai with props so anka easily grasp the concept of lessons given
- The level of suspicion of deaf children is very high because it can not capture the conversations of people in general
- The use of oral language that does not depend on sign language to communicate with people around
- Children with hearing impairment also planted a large class of creativity such as flannel crafts, craft craft the sales revenue and profits for the students
- Habituation upright capitalization continued to train their motor movements
The third day, tunanetra (visually impaired) in-class observations
- Children with visual impairment is more emphasis on the use of media in the form of real objects in order to be able to use their sense of touch and no real idea when the material being taught (props)
- Children with low vision to write a letter using the alert (regular type) but for the child who cannot see at all using Braille, a tool used slate and pen
- Methods of teaching blind children cannot be serious, but learning interspersed with music (music therapy)
- In small classes performed the introduction of a variety of surface textures of objects in the learning process prior to the introduction of reading and slate boards
- In small classes the blind do classification between pure and blind children who have multiple disabilities to ease navigation and handling of children in large classes
The fourth day, tunadaksa (quadriplegic ) in-class observations
- Delivery of learning materials in different quadriplegic child there is more emphasis on debriefing if his physical condition cannot afford to work at all
- Children pure quadriplegic delivery of material according to age, while the second has a disability (tundaksa and tunagrahita) different learning material
- Children quadriplegic to train fine motor skills while learning being made to hold the props to be able to move his arm
- The material provided for children quadriplegic in this class are indiviudal because of the ability of each child is very different, purely quadriplegic children received material in accordance with the general curriculum
- Initial management for children quadriplegic are therapy (physiotherapy)
The fifth day
- Consultation with Mr. Ciptono on hyperactive children and tuna barrel: parents must actively participate in dealing with children in incentives fi home and to actively follow the development of children while in school; seeking children to want to be consulted psychologists to follow up on an ongoing basis by parents, teachers, and psychologists as to achieve optimum results
- Been to Hall Diksus (where therapy): a therapy visit, namely occupational therapy, physiotherapy therapy, speech therapy, sensory integration therapy; observations made viewed edge tools and ask how it’s used, see the process of occupational therapy and physiotherapy; 45-60 minutes duration of therapy, 1 week 2x meeting
- Viewing of deaf children speech make batik splashes creativity observe where creativity making wooden crafts such as skewers, First Aid box .
The sixth day, Pesantren Kilat observations and to music room
- For those who are Muslims, children are directed to boarding lightning activity in order to welcome the holy month of Ramadan, according to the distinguished their disabled class
- For Christians directed remedy to the music room for worship, observing them with his talents playing drums, guitar, drums, piano, singing, they have high spirits and confident while showing its talent
The seventh day, observing and making batik itself the result of creativity and creativity of deaf children
The eighth day, classroom observations on autism
- Focus on cultivation of personality and skills in order to socialize with other people in their environment
- The material in this class could follow the general subject matter but in a simpler form
- The awarding of praise to the positive things they do
- Emphasis on aspects of the discipline in the learning process
Educational inclusion if it wants to establish a therapy to be no specific therapies money have educational background as a therapist.
Children who attend schools in inclusive learning materials are not adapted to the age of children in general but on the child’s ability.
Children who are its limits only at the age of 12 years, after which it is directed at the appropriate skills or creativity, interests and talents of each.
Strategies to manage the class of each child is different, if the child is being tantrum teacher let children a few minutes, only occasionally giving affirmation to not interfere with other friends.
The following photos of equipment to assist the learning process for inclusion in the elementary school classroom Maria Immaculata Cilacap
The following photos of therapy tool for classroom inclusion in the SD Maria Immaculata Cilacap
The following photos of learning activities in the classroom inclusion in the SD Maria Immaculata Cilacap
The following photo of student’s work in inclusion class SD Maria Immaculata Cilacap
Cooperation with Biro Konsultasi Psikologi dan Pusat Kajian Perilaku Kusumowardhani (the Bureau of Consulting Psychology and Behavior Research Center Kusumowardhani)
In connection with the inclusion classes held at Elementary School Maria Immaculata, Mrs. Reni Kusumowardhani, M.Psi, Psychologist, Consultant as Psychology and Behavioral Research Center in cooperation with Pertamina Care 100 ABK ABK leave quotas on certain schools to administer psychological tests to children grade 1 as a priority , SD Maria Immaculata had the opportunity as many as 16 children.
In addition to assisting and assessment on its behalf, to touch teachers and parents, the school is also working with the Bureau of Consulting Psychology and the Center for Behavioral Kajia Kusumowardhani in organizing one-day training on “Introduction and Application Engineering Emotion Regulation, Routines, Activities and Socialization ‘behalf. The event was held on 14 November, 2013.